Page Nav

HIDE

Grid

GRID_STYLE

4 suspected terrorists killed in Karachi's Shah Latif Town as CTD claims foiling terror bid

The Sindh Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) on Tuesday said it killed four suspected terrorists belonging to the banned Fitna-al-Hindustan ...

The Sindh Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) on Tuesday said it killed four suspected terrorists belonging to the banned Fitna-al-Hindustan group in a successful raid at a house in Karachi's Shah Latif Town. A press release from the department said the raid took place during the night between Monday and Tuesday and resulted in the recovery of heavy weapons, explosives and other dangerous materials. "The raid was conducted based on information provided by detained suspects. However, the operation quickly escalated when the suspects opened fire on the police and launched a grenade attack, triggering an intense exchange of fire." Two policemen were injured, including Head Constable Muhammad Yousuf and Constable Muhammad Junaid. They were immediately transported to Agha Khan Hospital for medical treatment. "In the retaliatory fire, four terrorists were also injured. Despite being taken to the hospital, they later succumbed to their injuries," the CTD press release stated. The CTD promptly cordoned off the area, deploying additional forces to secure the vicinity. A bomb disposal squad was called to handle potential explosives. Upon entering the house, the squad disposed of several explosives safely. The department recovered a significant haul of weapons and explosives, including five hand grenades, one Kalashnikov rifle, a detonator, 70 feet of detonator wire, and 350 kilogrammes of explosive material. The recovered weapons and explosives were safely transported to a secure location. According to the CTD, the suspected terrorists were part of the Bashir Zaib group and had been planning a major terrorist attack. The press release said the department remained vigilant, focusing its efforts on dismantling terrorist networks and ensuring the safety and security of the public. Last month, terrorists belonging to Fitna-al-Hindustan launched attacks in several parts of Balochistan, leaving dozens of civilians dead. The attacks prompted Pakistan’s security forces to launch counterterrorism operations against the terrorists.

from Latest News, Breaking News & Top News Stories | The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/nOytVaY

No comments